Sweet juicy peaches wrapped in crispy salty prosciutto and drizzled with Balsamic reduction create these pretty peach and prosciutto summer appetizers. Super easy!
Actually, these summer appetizers are so simple, I feel a bit guilty calling them a recipe. And, admittedly, they are not new. My only contribution to these little gems is to thread them on a couple of metal skewers which makes them much easier to grill than flipping each one individually. I like to get from point A to point B the fastest way possible.
In any case, I just had to find yet another way to use my favorite fruit and these little summer appetizers with prosciutto-wrapped peaches are a perfect summer starter. When I say drizzling, I really mean more like zig zagging or concentric circles or whatever designs you can come up for your appetizers. In fact, I use the entire platter as my palate.
So 3 ingredients. 10 minutes from start to finish. Easy. Pretty. Summerlicious.
- Use store bought Balsamic Reduction/Glaze. I do. I love the squeeze bottle. If you prefer to make your own, though, I’ve added instructions in the recipe.
- Skip the grilling altogether or broil on one side for about 2 minutes.
Make Ahead Summer Appetizers
You can make them well ahead of time, just drizzling the Balsamic reduction before serving.
Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Appetizers Recipe
- 3 peaches medium-large
- 100 grams prosciutto, very thinly sliced (0.22 lbs)
- balsamic reduction (for drizzling) Note 1
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- PREPARE PEACHES AND PROSCIUTTO: Slice peaches into wedges about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. No need to remove skin. Slice prosciutto into strips, about 4 inches long by 1 inch wide. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around a wedge of peach then thread it onto a metal skewer. (If using wooden skewers, soak them for 10 minutes beforehand). Repeat until all peaches have been used.
- GRILL: Spray peaches on skewers lightly with oil to prevent sticking to the grill. Grill skewers for a couple of minutes on each side until char marks begin to show.
- SERVE: Remove peach prosciutto appetizers from skewers. Place on serving platter. Just before serving, drizzle balsamic reduction on appetizers and platter (get creative!). Place a toothpick in each appetizer. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make your own Balsamic Glaze/Reduction: If you can't find a bottle at the store, you can make your own by bringing to boil 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar, then reducing heat to a simmer and simmering for about 15 minutes until it reduces by half to a syrup consistency (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- Make Ahead: Grill the peaches wrapped in prosciutto up to a few hours ahead. Just before serving, drizzle on balsamic reduction.
Here are a couple of other summer peach appetizers you might like:
- Peach, Pesto, Ricotta appetizers Get the recipe
Peach, Chicken and Brie Quesadilla Get the recipe