Sweet juicy peaches wrapped in crispy salty prosciutto and drizzled with Balsamic reduction create these pretty and tasty peach and prosciutto summer appetizers. Super easy!
Actually, these summer appetizers are so simple, I feel a bit guilty calling them a recipe. And, admittedly, they are not new. My only contribution to these little gems is to thread them on a couple of metal skewers which makes them much easier to grill than flipping each one individually. That’s me. If there’s a quicker way to get from point A to point B, I’ll find it.
In any case, I just had to find yet another way to use my favorite fruit and these little summer appetizers with prosciutto-wrapped peaches are a perfect summer starter. When I say drizzling, I really mean more like zig zagging or concentric circles or whatever designs you can come up for your appetizers. In fact, I use the entire platter as my palate.
So 3 ingredients. 10 minutes from start to finish. Easy. Pretty. Summerlicious.
- Use store bought Balsamic Reduction/Glaze. I do. I love the squeeze bottle. If you prefer to make your own, though, I’ve added instructions in the recipe.
- Skip the grilling altogether or broil on one side for about 2 minutes.
Make Ahead Summer Appetizers
You can make them well ahead of time, just drizzling the Balsamic reduction before serving.
Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Appetizers Recipe
- 3 peaches medium-large
- 100 grams prosciutto, very thinly sliced (0.22 lbs)
- balsamic reduction (for drizzling) Note 1
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- PREPARE PEACHES AND PROSCIUTTO: Slice peaches into wedges about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. No need to remove skin. Slice prosciutto into strips, about 4 inches long by 1 inch wide. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around a wedge of peach then thread it onto a metal skewer. (If using wooden skewers, soak them for 10 minutes beforehand). Repeat until all peaches have been used.
- GRILL: Spray peaches on skewers lightly with oil to prevent sticking to the grill. Grill skewers for a couple of minutes on each side until char marks begin to show.
- SERVE: Remove peach prosciutto appetizers from skewers. Place on serving platter. Just before serving, drizzle balsamic reduction on appetizers and platter (get creative!). Place a toothpick in each appetizer. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make your own Balsamic Glaze/Reduction: If you can't find a bottle at the store, you can make your own by bringing to boil 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar, then reducing heat to a simmer and simmering for about 15 minutes until it reduces by half to a syrup consistency (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- Make Ahead: Grill the peaches wrapped in prosciutto up to a few hours ahead. Just before serving, drizzle on balsamic reduction.