Easy shrimp with Gremolata dressing combines roasted shrimp with a simple dressing of parsley, lemon, garlic and olive oil that bursts with flavor.
In less than 20 minutes, you can have an elegant dinner on the table or an impressive appetizer for your guests. The shrimp are simply roasted with some butter, oil, garlic and green onions for 6-8 minutes, then drizzled with a gremolata dressing using a fresh, flavorful blend of parsley, garlic, lemon and olive oil. The most important thing in this recipe is to make the shrimp plump, juicy and tender by not overcooking them (and turning them to rubber). I use large shrimp with a 16-20 count (meaning there are 16-20 shrimp per pound). If you use smaller ones, just reduce the cooking time a bit.
I like to serve these easy shrimp with Basmati rice and veggies. Or with some crusty bread to mop up the sauce. Last week, I served them over Coconut Green Curry Vegetables. Good! I’ve also used them as an appetizer at room temperature – a nice change from shrimp with the horseradish-ketchup cocktail sauce.
Sooo…. a few bonus points for easy shrimp with gremolata dressing:
- its a quick make ahead dish (even if you serve the shrimp right away, you can still make the gremolata dressing ahead)
- clean up is a snap – just two small bowls and a pan lined with foil (toss the foil and put the pan back in the cupboard)
- it’s pretty low in calories
- it only has a few ingredients
- it’s pretty on the plate
- it tastes great
Tailor To Your Taste
- Instead of roasting the shrimp, you can boil them. See instructions in recipe notes.
- Try using cilantro instead of parsley for a stronger distinct flavor.
Make Ahead Easy Shrimp
- These shrimp can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge. Serve cold as appetizers.
Easy Shrimp with Gremolata Dressing Recipe
- 1 lb large shrimp (16-20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish (optional): fine strips of lemon peel, no white
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- PREPARE AND ROAST SHRIMP: In a medium microwavable bowl, add butter, oil, garlic and green onions. Microwave for 10-15 seconds just until butter is melted. Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and add them to bowl. Toss to combine. Line a large pan with tin foil. Place shrimp mixture on the pan and spread out the shrimp in one layer. Lightly salt and pepper. Roast in centre of oven for 6-8 minutes until no longer translucent and just cooked through. Note 1.
- MAKE THE GREMOLATA DRESSING: Combine all Gremolata ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
- ASSEMBLE AND SERVE: Spoon shrimp onto a platter and top with the gremolata dressing. Sprinkle on strips of lemon peel if desired. Serve with rice and vegetables as a main dish. Or serve as an appetizer (hot or room temperature) with toothpicks or forks.
- To boil shrimp: Instead of roasting you can boil shrimp. Place peeled, deveined shrimp in boiling salted water. Bring back to boil, lower to medium-low heat and cook for 3 minutes for just until shrimp turn pink and lose their translucence. Drain and then run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Other shrimp dishes you might like (all under 30 minutes):