Weeknight or company fare, Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is just a simple, delicious vegetable side dish with lots of crispy caramelized bits.
Here’s what I do differently than many of the other recipes you see online for Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower:
- Firstly, I combine all the ingredients and roast everything together in one shot. Some recipes have you roasting the cauliflower in two parts – one without the cheese, one with it.
- Secondly, I use a hot 425F oven to make things go faster.
- And thirdly, I cut the florets fairly small to get more crispy browned edges.
That’s pretty much it. Otherwise most of the recipes are pretty similar with a few variations on the amount of cheese used.
If you want to turn this easy cauliflower recipe into a one pan dinner, try combining it with one of our roasted salmon recipes cooked at the same temperature. Using a large pan, give the cauliflower a 15-20 minute head start in the oven. Then add the salmon to the pan in the last 10-12 minutes to complete your meal.
Here are a few suggestions for salmon recipes that will pair well with Parmesan roasted cauliflower for a one pan dinner: Maple Balsamic Pecan-Crusted Salmon, Maple Lime Salmon, Sweet and Spicy Salmon, and Salmon Stuffed With Lemon Ricotta. Needless to say, the Parmesan cauliflower also goes well with chicken, pork, beef and veggie burgers.
Tailor To Your Taste
- Sprinkle lemon zest on the cauliflower just before serving.
- Add a handful of fresh chopped herbs after roasting. Good options are thyme, chives, parsley and/or basil.
- Use Brussel sprouts instead of cauliflower. Cut them in half (except for small ones), shed the outer leaves, then toss with the cheese mixture and roast.
- Substitute minced garlic in a jar or frozen cubes for the fresh garlic. Or, use 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- Use pre-grated Parmesan cheese.
- Smaller florets will cook faster.
Make Ahead Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Two options: make the whole dish and warm it before serving; or under-roast the cauliflower then complete the roasting just before serving.
Rate this recipe here
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup good olive oil (see tips on "how to buy" in Cooking Oils: The Bare Essentials)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce) or use 1/2 cup if you like
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper or more to taste
- Garnish: 2-3 tbsp chopped parsley; extra Parmesan (optional)
- HEAT OVEN to 425F. Line a pan with foil (for easy clean up) and spray with oil.
- CUT CAULIFLOWER: Remove leaves, core and larger stems. Cut cauliflower into florets, If you cut them a bit smaller, they will cook faster, but don't cut them too small or they will dry out before they get nicely caramelized. Rinse florets in a colander under cool water. Pat dry with paper or cloth towel. Set aside.
- SEASON CAULIFLOWER: In a medium bowl, mix together oil, Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Add florets and toss to coat evenly.
- ROAST AND SERVE: Lay cauliflower florets on pan. Spread them out in a single layer. Roast for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of florets), flipping them once or twice to caramelize/brown all over. Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with extra Parmesan if desired.
If you liked the Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower, feel free to rate it in the recipe above (under “rate this recipe here”) and leave a comment below. Thank you!