Plump juicy shrimp with a crunchy breadcrumb topping make this 22-minute Panko-crusted Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe a winner for weeknight meals or company.
This Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe is really two recipes in one.
- In an easier version, you can omit the Panko breadcrumb topping and just make scampi-like shrimp (in 12-15 minutes total). The shrimp produces juices that can be poured over rice with the shrimp. Yum.
- The version in this recipe adds a buttery, crunchy Panko topping to the shrimp with some lemon zest and parsley that give the dish that extra zing and texture. Really yum.
I use both versions regularly and serve them with Fresh Vegetable Pasta or plain rice. Lemon, garlic, butter and only 22 minutes to make – how good is that. This easy shrimp dish can also be served as an appetizer.
Tailor To Your Taste
- Add 2 tablespoons of rinsed capers to the Panko breadcrumb topping. Excellent.
- Try adding thyme or dill if you like.
Panko-crusted Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20 count)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced (or 2 frozen cubes or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp each, salt and pepper (add only 1/4 tsp salt if using salted butter)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- PREPARE THE SHRIMP: Combine butter, oil, garlic, lemon juice, green onion, salt and pepper in a medium microwave dish. Microwave on high for 15 seconds just until butter is melted (not bubbling). Pat shrimp dry and add to bowl. Toss to coat well. Set aside while you prepare the panko topping.
- TOAST THE PANKO TOPPING: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add Panko, lemon zest and parsley. Stir frequently until breadcrumbs are lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- BAKE THE SHRIMP: Spread shrimp on a foil-line pan or casserole dish in a single layer. Spoon the Panko crumb mixture over the shrimp. Bake for 6-7 minutes just until shrimp are no longer translucent inside. Squeeze more lemon juice over the shrimp or serve wedges on the side. Serve hot as an appetizer or main dish.
Other shrimp dishes you might like:
Lemon Pasta with Shrimp in 30 Minutes get the recipe
Herb Smothered Shrimp Over Creamy Polenta get the recipe
Grilled shrimp tacos With Coconut Lime Chili Sauce get the recipe