This is a very simple side dish I make often for regular dinners or dinner parties in the summer. It’s easy, can be made ahead, has lots of visual appeal and is a delicious accompaniment to meat, chicken, omelets or fish. Pictured here are eggplant, red and orange peppers and asparagus, tucked in with fresh, ripe mango slices. Red onion and zucchini are great too. I pre-baste the vegetables with Catalina “french” salad dressing (a throw back to the old days) then sprinkle them with oregano. Olive oil, salt and thyme are great too. Serve the grilled vegetables hot or at room temperature.
What else can you do with grilled vegetables? Alot! Here are 8 ways on how else to use them, so make extras.
8 Ways to Use Grilled Vegetables
- Grilled vegetable kabobs: Cut the grilled veggies into smaller pieces and thread them on skewers with fresh cherry tomatoes
- Grilled vegetable salad: Roughly chop the grilled vegetables, toss into greens, add a little goat cheese and drizzle with balsamic dressing.
- Grilled vegetable pizza: Add the vegetables to your next pizza. Or better yet, your next grilled pizza.
- In Pasta: Try our Grilled Vegetable Orzo which uses grilled vegetables. Very popular for pot lucks and buffet tables.
- Burger toppings: Grilled vegetables are great toppings for beef, chicken, fish or veggie burgers.
- Grilled vegetable omelets: Toss some grilled veggies into your next omelet with some cheese and chives.
- Elevated grilled vegetables: Try our Sweet and Spicy Glazed Vegetable Bowl. A delicious meal in a bowl with glazed grilled vegetables, fresh juicy mango and quinoa.
- Grilled vegetable cheese: Use grilled vegetables in your grilled cheese sandwich with a smear of fruit preserves (good!).
You can make this dish ahead and serve it at room temperature or warm it in the oven at 350-375F for a few minutes to serve hot.