Next time you’re grilling some steaks or your favourite protein, try this super easy two-in-one side dish of Grilled Potato and Vegetable Hash. Dinner in a flash with whatever veggies you like best.
This could just as easily be a have-to-get-rid-of-some-vegetables-before-they-go-bad recipe and a use-up-leftover potatoes recipe. Just coat veggies in some oil and seasonings, throw them in a grilling basket, grill for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice and that’s it. I love that I have all my sides in one healthy dish.
I follow the steps, set the veggies to one side of the grill, then BBQ a steak, fish or chops and serve. Dinner in under 30 minutes. I use boiled baby potatoes or a microwaved, peeled large sweet potato.
Tailor To Your Taste
- Choose whatever vegetables you like, but I always use a potato and onion as the base. Great veggies to use are mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, zucchini, green beans, snap peas.
- Throw in some chopped apples.
- Vary the seasonings.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme or parsley before serving.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction before serving.
- Don’t overcrowd the grilling basket or the veggies could get mushy and not char as well.
- If you use bulkier vegetables, increase the oil and seasonings a bit.
- These can easily be made ahead and rewarmed in a 375F oven or the grill. Green vegetables, however, may not maintain their vibrant colour.
Here’s a skillet-based hash you might like to try:
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Hash get the recipe