Mouthwatering maple-ginger salmon with peach salsa is a light, healthy very flavourful company-worthy meal. Loving peach season!
I’m pretty sure that even people who are not salmon fans will love this maple-ginger salmon with peach salsa. The maple, ginger, soy and garlic glaze is fantastic. When you add the fresh peach salsa spiked with lime, honey and balsamic, the dish is truly elevated to mouth-watering. I served it at our last holiday party to rave reviews. I chose it because it looks complicated and gourmet, but is really simple and takes very little time to prepare (shh). In fact, it’s perfect served room temperature or cold, making it ideal for a buffet table or summer lunch in the backyard.
- I suggest using freshly grated ginger for an amazing flavour (I keep some in the freezer and grate as needed), but if you don’t have any on hand, use a quarter of the amount of ginger powder. Alternatively, I also use the frozen ginger and garlic cubes as a shortcut.
- You can use white or yellow peaches or a mix. I leave the skin on to add the bright orange-red colour.
- I remove the bottom skin of the fish fillet to allow the fish to absorb the marinade more. You can leave it on if you prefer.
- I add a bit of cornstarch to the marinade before pouring it on the fish before roasting. This will thicken the marinade slightly and keep it from sliding off the fish as it roasts. This isn’t absolutely necessary.
- If you are making the salmon ahead of time, it’s best to make the salsa the day you will serve the dish.
That’s about it. Easy, super delicious and definitely company-worthy.
Tailor To Your Taste
- Instead of salmon, substitute trout, halibut, sea bass or other white fish
- Instead of peaches, substitute mango, nectarines or pineapple
- Make the salmon ahead. Cool, then refrigerate up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature or serve cold. Make the peach salsa the day of serving.
This recipe was posted in July 2016. Pictures were updated in Aug 2018.
Other salmon recipes you might like:
Tomato Basil Grilled Salmon with Mango get the recipe
Teriyaki Salmon get the recipe