In the summer, or when freshly picked peaches are ripe and juicy, Grilled Summer Peaches are a perfect pairing with, well, almost anything – chicken, pork, fish – and of course as a dessert. You will know when peach season comes around because the prices go way down for a few weeks and you just want to inhale the fragrance, letting their juices drip down your chin. Ok, I’m getting carried away. Never mind… just make this! So good! It takes just a few minutes.
I figure about 1 smaller peach per person or 1/2 a large one (I make a few extras due to typically high demand). It is not absolutely necessary to add the butter and sugar, but I highly recommend it. The amount is tiny and the added flavour is well worth it in my opinion. The grilled peaches are fantastic served hot or at room temperature.
6 Ways to use Grilled Peaches
Grilled peaches are a star on their own, but here’s a couple of other ideas on how to use them:
- Dessert: make a dessert, served in small bowls, with grilled peaches and a scoop of ice cream on top (oh, go for it and drizzle on some caramel sauce);
- Salad: cut up the grilled peaches into small chunks and toss them into a Thai Quinoa Salad
- Appetizer: top crostini with ricotta and grilled peach slices, sprinkled with basil (or slivers of prosciutto) for a great appetizer;
- Side: cut up grilled peaches into small chunks and toss them into Grilled Vegetable Orzo;
- Main: use grilled peaches instead of fresh peaches in this main fish dish, Maple Ginger Salmon with Peach Salsa
- Salad: make a spinach salad with grilled peaches and avocado. Drizzle with your favourite vinaigrette or the dressing used in Quinoa Roasted Yam Salad with Maple-Balsamic Dressing
Make Ahead Grilled Summer Peaches
This recipe can be made a couple of hours ahead. Serve at room temperature or, if desired, warm the peaches in the microwave for 45 seconds.