No matter what we serve with fresh grilled peaches, they are hands down our favorite thing on the plate. The true taste of summer. Love them!
When freshly picked peaches are ripe and juicy, grilled peaches are a perfect pairing with, well, almost anything – chicken, pork, fish – and of course as a dessert.
I figure about 1 smaller peach per person or 1/2 a large one (I make a few extras for the typically high demand).
It is not absolutely necessary to add the butter and sugar, but I highly recommend it. The extra calorie amount is tiny and the added flavor is well worth it in my opinion. The grilled peaches are fantastic served hot or at room temperature.
You will know when peach season comes around because the prices go way down for a few weeks and you just want to inhale the fragrance, letting their juices drip down your chin. Ok, too graphic.
Never mind… just make these. They’re so good, so easy and they just take a few minutes.
Ways to use Grilled Peaches
Grilled peaches are a star on their own, but here’s a couple of other ways to use them:
- Dessert: Make a dessert, served in small bowls, with grilled peaches and a scoop of ice cream on top (for some big decadence, drizzle on some caramel sauce);
- Salad: Cut up the grilled peaches into small chunks and toss them into a Thai Quinoa Salad
- Appetizer: Top crostini with ricotta and grilled peach slices, sprinkled with basil (or slivers of prosciutto) for a great appetizer; Or try our Pesto Ricotta Crostini appetizers.
- Side: Cut up grilled peaches into small chunks and toss them into Grilled Vegetable Orzo;
- Main: Use grilled peaches instead of fresh peaches in this Maple Ginger Salmon with Peach Salsa
- Salad: Make a spinach salad with grilled peaches and avocado. Drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette or the dressing used in Quinoa Sweet Potato Salad
Make Ahead Grilled Peaches
- This recipe can be made a couple of hours ahead. Serve at room temperature or, if desired, warm the peaches in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Rate this recipe here
- 6 ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sugar (brown or white)
- pinch cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
- HEAT GRILL to medium-high temperature.
- PREPARED PEACHES AND SEASONING: Wash the peaches, cut in half and remove the pits. Microwave butter and sugar. Stir to blend. Set aside.
- GRILL PEACHES: Spray grill and the flesh side of the peaches with oil cooking spray. Place the peaches on the grill, flesh side down, close the lid and grill for about 2 minutes (check to see if you have some grill marks. Turn over using a spatula or tongs, brush with butter-sugar mixture and continue to heat another 2-3 minutes depending on the size of the peach. Peaches should be softened, but still hold their shape. Serve hot or at room temperature.
If you make these grilled peaches, feel free to rate them in the recipe (under ‘rate this recipe) and leave a comment if you like.
Here’s a few other great peach recipes you might like: