Vegetarian Sweet Potato Hash has major points in our book.
- It’s very versatile – it can be used as a side dish, filling for a wrap, breakfast item or even as a main dish with, say, some eggs or tofu on top. Or you can add other favourite ingredients like chopped mushrooms or celery;
- It takes about 20 minutes to make;
- It only uses one pan;
- It’s healthy;
- It’s vegetarian (a must for kook Jenna), although meat eaters can add some crumbled cooked crispy bacon or sausage at the end;
- It’s forgiving – exact amounts aren’t important.
- It is beautiful on the plate with deep orange, red and green colours;
- It’s a nice change from candied, mashed or roasted sweet potatoes;
- It can be made-ahead and reheated the next day; and
- Mostly importantly, it tastes great!
Not bad for one dish. This hash is very close to a recipe we found on Food Network, but we shortened it by precooking the sweet potatoes in the microwave (one less pot) and less skillet time.