The combination of pure maple syrup, fresh lime and toasted pecans elevate these Roasted Sweet Potatoes to a wickedly good side dish.
These potatoes are a snap to make, they can be made ahead and have a nice balance of sweet-tangy and creamy-crunchy. They’re a perfect accompaniment for ham, turkey, roast chicken or brisket. And the beautiful colours make for an impressive buffet or potluck dish.
Tailor To Your Taste
- Instead of pecans, use toasted hazelnuts or walnuts.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon (about 1/4 teaspoon or to taste).
- I love lime, but the other Kook suggests you start with a little less and add more to your taste.
- For a different flavor, add some cumin or grated orange zest.
- Buy pre-cut and peeled sweet potatoes.
- Use brown sugar instead of maple syrup. You might want to add a little extra butter.
- Use lemon instead of lime.
- The whole dish can be assembled ahead of time or even a day ahead, then reheated in the oven at 375F.
Check out two other sweet potato dishes below – two of the most popular Two Kooks recipes on our blog.
Maple-Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Pecans Recipe
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (2 large), peeled and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 tbsp pure Maple Syrup
- 1 medium lime, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans (Note 1)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- ROAST SWEET POTATOES: Place sweet potato pieces on a pan that is lined with foil and sprayed with oil. Roast for about 25 minutes, turning half way through, until edges begin browning.
- MAKE MAPLE-LIME DRIZZLE: Combine all drizzle ingredients (not including pecans) in a microwave bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir.
- ASSEMBLE: Place roasted sweet potatoes in a serving bowl. Drizzle maple-lime sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle toasted pecans on top. Serve. To make ahead, see Note 2.
- To toast pecan pieces, place on tray in preheated oven at 350F for about 6-7 minutes until aroma is evident and nuts are lightly toasted. Let cool to crisp up.
- To make ahead: Make potatoes and the drizzle ahead of time. Before serving, assemble potatoes, drizzle over maple lime sauce and sprinkle with pecans. Heat in 375F oven for 10-15 minutes.
Here are two other delicious sweet potato dishes – two of Two Kooks most popular recipes:
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Hash get the recipe
Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Peppers, Eggplant and Apples get the recipe